Kootuitui Unconference Term 2 2018:

Minecraft Educational Edition

Notes:
great at integrating the tuakana-teina relationships,  students tuakana, teacher-teina
teaches perspective using the blocks, can integrate scratch, Tynker etc into Minecraft.
Orientation for maths,  civilisations for social science- research what they need....
roads for infastructure etc...


$7 per head.

How did your digital medium meet the learning... meets that critical thinking need.


So....

Can I use it? On the macs at school if I pay for it.

Will the kids be into it?
What next?


Was this unconference useful?
Not particularly. I wish I had of known I couldn't use this on chrome books before hand as that is what we all have at our school.  It did give me more ideas for using gamefroot though. So I guess maybe it was useful. Just not in the same way I wanted it to be.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student Agency in Goal setting

PB4L

Assessment: Mindlab