Science Pd with Susan Sandretto


Had originally thought I knew how to elicite discussions but not all of my students can describe prior expereinces, or why they something. I need to ensure they know their experience from OUTSIDE of school is valuable for their learning.


Look at the Inquiry project Elicitation of Ideas to look at the steps we want to work on.

When we come along information that they don't have- we can say --> If a scienitist was here they would tell us....
Then adjust our ideas.

Seeing the difference between the beginning and end of a lesson vs unit. Was interesting to see



NS:
-Ensure we have annotated our plan so that it is visible that it is a work in progress.
-make sure I am meeting my learning intention for science.
-reflections at the end of my lessons- frame my lessons using this (page 111 of CLASSROOM TALK: Understanding dialogue, pedagogy and practice)
-not be so worried about students eliciting their responses during the activating prior knowledge stage, this is perhaps not the biggest bang for my buck.

Reflection time is crucial!



Classroom talk chapter 4 is a great place to go for questions to use for modelling. More talk frames here.

Props to me for coming to a meeting with one idea about a next step and shifting my thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student Agency in Goal setting

PB4L

Assessment: Mindlab